We determine what is
We work based on facts. With regard to ecological sustainability, this means, for example, that we are guided by the scientific model of planetary boundaries. In the scope of our collaboration, we look at the most important effects of your activity, particularly regarding the ecosystems of the climate, freshwater, and biodiversity.
We know what should be
We are familiar with the political system and are able to navigate and work within it. The SDGs, the European Green Deal, the German climate protection law, and current developments in funding programs are the minimum standards for our work – but our goal is a continuous expansion of possibility spaces, all the way to a transformation.
We can support you on the way there*
If we want real progress, we must not trivialize resistance and corporate culture; we have to work with what we have. We support you in building knowledge and structures in-house – in accordance with your organizational strategy, capacities, and budget. We accompany you methodically and professionally until the point at which you are able to make decisions and act independently, without us: As much cooperation and external accompaniment as necessary, as much flexibility as possible. We are most effective in projects where we can really get to know the team, the location, the attitude, and the specific needs in order to work with you. This requires genuine willingness to change, as well as time. Of course, you can also hire us for individual measures.
* …and then we'll be happy to leave again.
Process support consists (depending on the organization‘s point of view) of the following steps and possible additional measures:
ANALYSIS AND PROCESS
- Preliminary talk: Identifying the status quo and maturity level, context analysis of political and industry-specific requirements
- Workshop 1, together with the staff: Sharpening “sustainability”, collecting ideas, inviting to participate, establishing a working group
- Team meeting: Developing a basic structure for further action: team, schedule, structure, drawing up a catalog of measures
- Inventory: Determining measures and possibilities.
- Workshop 2: Vision, goals, and availabilities
- Team meeting: Accompaniment of regular meetings (e.g. in the context of jour fixes)
- Workshop 3: Internal materiality analysis to prioritize measures
MEASUREMENT / CARBON FOOTPRINTS
- Workshop 1 / Kick-Off: Developing key figures to measure the impact, process, structure and mode of operation, knowledge transfer
- Workshop 2: Materiality analysis of emission sources, determining system boundaries, questionnaires and fill-in assistance
- Inventory / data collection: Implementation support
- Balancing incl. evaluation
- Workshop 3: Evaluation and creation of a climate strategy
IMPLEMENTATION OF INDIVIDUAL MEASURES
- Measures in the field of ecological sustainability: CO2 reduction, water, biodiversity, technology
- Measures in the field of social sustainability: Diversity, anti-racism, participation, resilience trainings, dealing with (e.g.) climate change deniers
- Measures in the field of economic sustainability / control: Advice regarding subsidies, political resilience against attacks
- Internal and external communication concerning the sustainability measures: Code of conduct, project report, carbon footprint
- Sustainability report according to the DNK (German Sustainability Code)
- Multiplication: Events, mediation work, educational work, conception and moderation of political dialogue events